Last updated: May 2021
This policy sets forth the communication methods used, the structures behind them as well as sets a standard for appropriate content. A committee is charged with keeping our website and social media operational.
The website platform is a membership management platform which allows the Club to handle membership and events efficiently. The members only portal allows Club information to be accessible anytime. The website lessens the burden for the Club Secretary and Treasurer by automating processes and payments.
Google Group Email Account
The Club uses a listserv style email service where a specific email is used to email all the members.
Social Media Management
The Club uses Facebook to engage members and the local community. It is a secondary resource to our website for posting events and member brags.
Initial issuance of document.
Barbara Perkins/Sharon Betts
First edit suggestions
These digital communication channels have been established to facilitate conversations, share accomplishments and make announcements for active members. We expect all correspondence to remain courteous, respectful, ethical, and pertinent to the club. It is open for member conversations which meet the following guidelines:
1) shall not reflect actions prejudicial to the best interests of the club
2) shall not be shared outside of the club
3) shall not attack or in any way harass members of the club
4) Individuals shall not advertise specific items, companies, breeders or puppies
5) No individual GoFundMe or individual fundraising solicitations are allowed.
Administrators have final decisions on the appropriateness of any topic.